This healthy recipe tastes amazing and is so creamy, velvety and smooth and you would not believe that is it vegan! This bright soup is super simple to make. You just place all the ingredients in a pot then blend. It will keep you feeling warm and cozy especially on a cold day. Asparagus is a great vegetable! It is high in folic acid and is packed full of vitamins. It is also super low in calories.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large bunch of asparagus chopped
- 2 small Yukon potatoes peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk or plant based milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sweet onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add crushed garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add chopped asparagus, potatoes and vegetable stock to pot. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add in almond milk, nutritional yeast and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and place in a blender. Blend soup until it is creamy and smooth.
- Serve warm and enjoy!