Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
PREP TIME 15 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
TOTAL TIME 30 mins
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect when you a craving a sweet treats.These delicious oatmeal cookies are chewy, delicious, gluten free, refined sugar free and completely hit the spot with just the right amount of chocolate.
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats gluten free
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour gluten free
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil.
- In one bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Let cool. In a separate bowl stir in the vanilla, then the egg. Mix in maple syrup and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until it has just come together. Do not over mix.
- Freeze dough for about 15 minutes.
- Use your hands to shape the dough into roughly 12 cookies. (Usually makes more but let’s be honest the dough is too tasty not to eat!)
- Place spoonful on baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for about 14-15 minutes, or until they have just started to brown on the edges.
- Let cool on the pan for a few mins before removing to a cooling rack.
- Serve with your favorite cup of coffee or tea. Enjoy!