These beautiful, light and refreshing muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go or a quick snack. They are sweet, tart and the chia seeds add an extra boost of fiber and are packed full of omega 3 fatty acids. They are like little rays of sunshine and will make you feel good from the inside out.
- 2 cups GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup raw honey melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from one lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix your dry ingredients together including flour, collagen, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk butter, honey, and maple syrup.
- Add in Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon juice & zest. Add in dry ingredients to wet until smooth.
- Fold in chia seeds. Add batter to lined muffin tin.
- Bake in oven for 20-22 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean in center.
- Optional: Mix 1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar together. Drizzle mixture on top of muffins once cooled. Eat and Enjoy!