This salad is incredibly fresh, easy to make and has the perfect combination of sweet from the peaches and salty from the halloumi cheese. Halloumi cheese is a semi-hard, un-ripened, brined cheese that can be made from cow, sheep or goat’s milk. It is quite salty in taste. It can be eaten raw but tastes great when grilled or fried. This is the ultimate summer salad! The lemon vinaigrette is super light and refreshing. Tossed with pecans, and fennel for added crunch.
- 5 cups mixed green salad arugula, spinach, green leaf
- 4 small peaches cut into small slices
- 1/2 cup fennel sliced thinly
- 1/2 pecans roasted works best
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1 cup halloumi cheese cut into slices 1-2cm thick
- 2 tsp olive oil
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp seedy Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- On a cast iron pan over medium heat, add 2 tsp olive oil and halloumi slices. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until golden in color.
- In a large bowl, add all your salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl combine your salad dressing ingredients.
- Place cooked halloumi over salad and dress with the vinaigrette. Viola!