Grilled Chicken Pineapple Kebabs
PREP TIME 15 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
TOTAL TIME 25 mins
COURSE Main Course
These Grilled Chicken & Pineapple kabobs are bursting with bold flavours. The sweet and savoury teriyaki sauce mixed with fresh peppers, pineapple, red onions and tender chicken totally hit the spot! I love making my own teriyaki sauce as most contain gluten. Tamari is gluten free and always my go to. I am obsessed with grilled pineapple. It is one of my favourite things to eat in the summer months. These kebabs taste like dinner and a sweet dessert!
- 4 chicken breasts Boneless, cut into cubes
- 1 medium red onion cut into cubes
- 3 cups pineapple cut into cubes
- 2 bell peppers red, yellow, orange or green cut into cubes
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup date sugar or other brown sugar, coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- fresh parsley finely chopped
- green onions finely chopped
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk together tamari, date sugar, pineapple juice, garlic, salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch. Add to pot and bring the heat up to high. Whisk together until the mixture starts to thicken about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Save 2 tbsp. of marinade to drizzle at the end.
- Cut up all red onions, bell peppers, pineapple and chicken. Pour the marinade over the chicken and leave in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Add all of your chicken, vegetables and pineapple on to a skewer.
- Place kabobs on medium/ high heat on a BBQ. Grill for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Remove from the grill and drizzle remaining sauce on top of the kebabs. Top with fresh parsley, green onions. Eat and Enjoy!