PREP TIME 20 mins
COOK TIME 50 mins
TOTAL TIME 1 hr 10 mins
This is one of the easiest and creamiest soups I’ve ever made. It doesn’t contain any cream at all. It is pure wholesome ingredients. You can make this vegan friendly too.
The best way to develop big flavors for soups is by roasting the vegetables ahead of time. This also gives your soup a nice golden color. I love how versatile cauliflower is. I honestly think it is such an underrated vegetable. This soup is super creamy and comforting! I like to call this my soul in a bowl. Give it a try!
- 1 large cauliflower chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 small shallots finely diced
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter or alternative
- 2 tsp thyme leaves can use fresh as well
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable
- 1/2 can coconut milk Approx. 3/4 cup
- 10 sourdough croutons
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place chopped cauliflower on baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over with salt, pepper and turmeric
- Chop the top of the head of garlic and drizzle with olive oil and wrap tight in tin foil. Place on baking sheet with cauliflower and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Once garlic has cooled, squeeze out the roasted pieces into small bowl and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, add in shallots, butter, thyme, bay leaves. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes. Do not burn.
- Add in roasted cauliflower and the whole head of garlic, (skins removed) chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add in coconut milk. Add in more salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaves and purée soup in a blender.
- Serve in bowls, topped with olive oil and sourdough croutons. Enjoy!