Chinese Chicken Salad
PREP TIME 1 hr
COOK TIME 15 mins
TOTAL TIME 1 15 mins
Taste the rainbow! Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad like you’ve never had before. This fresh recipe is completely gluten free and all the vegetables are raw. Making it an absolutely nutritious and delicious salad. Not to mention the most beautiful colors! I replaced the chow mein noodles with unsalted chopped peanuts. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can try to cut all vegetables julienned, or into long thin strips. I like using chicken thighs for this recipe as they hold the most flavor in the marinade and they are very inexpensive to buy!
- 4 chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 2 tbsp tamari gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1 medium carrot spiralized (or shredded)
- 1 medium beet spiralized
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1 medium orange pepper julienned
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro finely diced
- Mix all top 5 ingredients together and let chicken marinate in fridge for 30-60 mins.
- Sear chicken in a pan with the marinade and cook 5 minutes per side until cooked throughout.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dressing.
- In a large bowl, start adding in lettuce, beets, carrots, zucchini, peppers, green onions all together. Add in chicken to bowl.
- Toss in salad dressing and garnish with peanuts and fresh cilantro. Viola!