Staying on the green train recently because veggies just make me feel so great. There is nothing I love better than broccoli and cheese. It takes me right back to my childhood, as this was the only way my mom could get us kids to eat our greens. I think she was right! I wanted to share these easy and delicious Cheesy Broccoli Fritters. They are packed with yummy, cheesy, garlic flavour and are gluten free. They are perfect for breakfast or even a great snack.
- 1 medium head of broccoli steamed, then mashed
- 2-3 eggs depending on how much broccoli you have
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes you can add more if you like it extra spicy!
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp gluten free flour all purpose, almon or coconut flour works too
- 1 tbsp olive oil or oil of choice- coconut, grapeseed
- Mix all ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl.
- Place a large pan over the stovetop on medium/high heat, add in olive oil.
- Take one large spoonful of mixture in hot pan and flatten with a flipper or spatula.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Flip over and cook on other side for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, top with more red pepper flakes and sea salt. Serve with some chipotle aioli.
*Tip- Once removed from stovetop, cut out with a cookie cutter for perfect round circles