Baked Blueberry Donuts are my new favorite. I know what you are thinking, how can donuts be healthy? I’ve created an awesome recipe for you to try. These yummy Blueberry Donuts are baked not fried. You can also use white sugar alternatives like date sugar or coconut sugar for a healthier option. You can use gluten free flour for this recipe but be careful not to over-mix. Over-mixing will cause donuts to be tough and not as moist. Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour gluten free
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup almond or oat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter melted and cooled or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients butter, milk, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add wet mixture to the dry bowl. Do not over mix the batter.
- Fold in blueberries into batter.
- Spray donut molds with non-stick spray. Add batter to molds
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from donut. Allow cooling for 5 minutes.
- Option to add glaze. Mix 1 cup icing sugar, 1/4 cup of water and 1 tsp vanilla together. Dip donuts in glaze and allow to dry on a drying rack.